(WEST PALM BEACH, FL) – The International Hot Rod Association released the 2019 IHRA Summit Sportsman Spectacular schedule which will feature an exciting 16-race schedule over eight double-race weekends. The best value in bracket racing will get even better in 2019 as competitors will now earn local track championship points at each IHRA Summit Sportsman Spectacular event.
Box, No Box / Footbrake, and Junior Dragsters will have the opportunity to compete for the prestigious IHRA Ironman at each event as well as the coveted oversized championship checks. Class runners-up will receive the limited-edition Summit Sportsman Spectacular silver medals in addition to their winnings.
The weekend program includes a test and tune, racer appreciation cookout, and a Scrubblade golf cart race. The double-race weekend also features first, second, and third-round prizes.
The IHRA Summit Sportsman Spectacular will kick off the 2019 season February 1-3 at State Capitol Raceway, in Baton Rouge, LA.
For more information on the 2019 IHRA Summit Sportsman Spectacular visit the IHRA website.
2019 IHRA Summit Sportsman Spectacular Provisional Schedule
- February 1-3, State Capitol Raceway, Baton Rouge, LA.
- March 22-24, Farmington Dragway, Farmington, NC.
- May 17-19, Dragway 42, West Salem, OH.
- May 24-26, Darlington Dragway, Hartsville, SC.
- June 7-9, Keystone Raceway Park, New Alexandria, PA.
- July 12-14, US 131 Motorsports Park, Martin, MI.
- August 23-25, Maryland International Raceway, Mechanicsville, MD.