(DETROIT, MI) – Put on your dancing shoes as the Detroit Tigers turn up the heat at Comerica Park for the fifth annual ¡Fiesta Tigres! celebration, sponsored by FOX Sports Detroit, on Saturday, August 21. Join the Tigers as they honor the contributions Hispanic/Latino players have made to the franchise and Major League Baseball.
Flags of Hispanic countries and photos of past and present Hispanic/Latino Tiger players will adorn the park. Live mariachi, salsa, jazz and top-40 Latin music will be performed throughout Comerica Park. The music will begin at 5:00 p.m. outside of the ballpark with gates opening at 5:30 p.m. Performances include:
- Mariachi Cora, performing songs of the renown mariachi genre originating from Jalisco, Mexico at Gate A from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Los Gallos de Oro, performing regional Mexican music at Gate C from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Orquestra Sensacional, a seven-piece ensemble blending salsa and bachata melodies performing at the Big Cat Court from 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Tumbao Bravo, a Cuban jazz group performing at the FOX Sports Detroit Brushfire Grill from 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Xochiquetzal Folkloric Ballet, performing folkloric dances from Mexico at Gate B from 5:30-6:10 p.m.
- Spanish Guitar Duo, Victor Martinez and Victor Espinoza will be performing for guests in the suite level lobby from 5:00-6:45 p.m.
- DJ Carlos Seda, spinning salsa, merengue, bachata, top-40, hip-hop and reggaeton hits at the Labatt Blue Light Jungle from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Current Tigers players of Hispanic heritage: Alex Avila, Miguel Cabrera, Armando Galarraga, Enrique Gonzalez, Carlos Guillen, Magglio Ordoñez, Jhonny Peralta, Ramon Santiago, Jose Valverde and Joel Zumaya will be honored during an on-field ceremony beginning at 6:40 p.m. The Xochiquetzal Folkloric Ballet will also perform during the ceremony. The “Star Spangled Banner” will be sung by vocalist, Roxanne Chantaca. A ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Cindy Estrada, vice president of the UAW. Estrada is the first Latina to hold a vice president title with the UAW.
The first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark will receive a Miguel Cabrera Hat, courtesy of FOX Sports Detroit. Additionally, 5,000 copies of a special ¡Fiesta Tigres! edition of MiGente Magazine will be given to fans upon exiting Comerica Park.
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com, by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437), at Detroit-area Meijer stores and at Hockeytown Authentics, located at 1845 E. Big Beaver Road in Troy. For complete ticket information including single game, season, group, suite, and “All-You-Can-Eat” tickets, visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).