(PARIS, ON) – Skaters from every corner of Ontario, from Alberta and Saskatchewan, and from as far away as South Africa, flocked to Paris Ontario this past weekend to compete in the annual Isabelle Henderson skating competition.
Skaters are making final changes on their solo performances in preparation for the Western Ontario Sectional Championships being held this fall on November 8-11 in Paris, Ontario. The Isabelle Henderson competition is a perfect opportunity for Western Ontario skaters to perform a dress rehearsal 6 weeks prior to the Sections qualifying round.
Riverside Skating Club was among the ranks of other prestigious clubs performing this weekend. Eleven Riverside skaters performed this weekend and five took medals.
- Windsor resident, Lauren Renshaw, 2nd place finish, Pre-Juvenile
- Woodslee resident, Rubie Diemer, 3rd place finish, Juvenile
- Windsor resident, Alyssa D’Asti 2nd place finish, Pre-Novice
- Tecumseh resident, Alison Schumacher, 1st place finish, Pre-Novice
- Woodslee resident, Jerah Diemer, 3rd place finish, Novice
“Riverside has had several champions at the Western Sections in prior years. And this year we have several skaters who are in the hunt for medals at November’s Sectionals.” Said skating coach Jennifer Jackson. “Our skaters are just coming off of their summer training camp and this helped to set them up for this competition. I credit the long hours spent on and off the ice for these performances. The summer training camp really paid off.”
Other finishes include:
- Windsor resident, Ainsley Fabel – Pre-Juvenile, 5th
- Tecumseh resident, Keira McManus – Pre-Juvenile, 10th
- Forest Glade resident, Diana Speal – Pre-Juvenile,
- Windsor resident, Jessica Taylor – Juvenile 10th place
- Woodslee resident, Abby Diemer – Novice 8th place
- Lakeshore resident, Molly Ghanam – Junior 5th place