By Mike Soulliere
(WINDSOR, ON) – The Windsor Clippers defeated the London Blue Devils 11-9 last night to take the first round best of 3 playoff series 2 games to 1.
The Clippers fell behind early trailing 7-2 before chipping away at the London lead. The Clippers finally tied the game at 9-9 with 6:11 to play in the third period. They then took the lead for good with 3:20 to play in the third period and added an insurance goal 66 seconds later to secure the victory.
Jeff Rivait was the key player for the Clippers with 3 goals and 5 assists. Lucas Ducharme also scored 3 goals and added two assists. Single goals were scored by Jarred Riley, Bryan Larocque, Brendon Anger, Ryan Marchand and the game winner by Trevor Learn. Cooper Cecile recorded the win in goal for the Clippers with 38 saves.
The Clippers will now move on to the second round, which will be a best of 5 series with the Orangeville Northmen. The Northmen hold home floor advantage, and will host game 1.
Second place Orangeville (16-4) vs. third place Windsor (16-4) in a best-of-five Round Two.
- Game 1 – Sunday July 14 – Windsor @ Orangeville – 7pm
- Game 2 – Tuesday July 16 – Orangeville @ Windsor – 8pm
- Game 3 – Thursday July 18 – Windsor @ Orangeville – 8pm
- Game 4 – Saturday July 20 – Orangeville @ Windsor – 7pm (if necessary)
- Game 5 – Monday July 22 – Windsor @ Orangeville – 8pm (if necessary)