By Rob Benneian
(LaSALLE, ON) – The Vipers were awarded the Bob Harvey Trophy Saturday night as the GOJHL Western Conference runner-up. They fell to the Flyers in six games in the conference final, but qualify as the wild card entry due to finishing with a better playoff record than the other two conference finalists.
The Vipers are one of just four Jr B teams remaining in the province and have earned the wild card entry into the Sutherland Cup semi-finals. Also advancing to the Sutherland Cup finals are the three Conference champions, the Sugar Kings, the Caledonia Corvairs, and the Leamington Flyers.
The Vipers will take on the Elmira Sugar Kings for the right to play for the Sutherland Cup. In the other semi-final, the Flyers will take on the Corvairs.
The Vipers have sold out each of their last four playoff home games, dating back to Game 6 against the Sarnia Legionnaires and including all three home games in the Western Conference finals against Leamington. Tickets are available on game nights at the Vollmer Centre, but fans are encouraged to reserve their seats ahead of time to avoid line-ups and to guarantee their spot.
To reserve your tickets to the Sutherland Cup semi-final, email or call 519-251-5190. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students or seniors. Children under 6 get in free.
NOTE: Season ticket holders who have already reserved their playoff tickets do not need to reserve again for the Sutherland Cup.
GOJHL Sutherland Cup Semi-final Schedule
- Game 1 – Wednesday, April 8, 2015 – LaSalle Vipers @ Elmira Sugar Kings – 7:30 pm
- Game 2 – Friday, April 10, 2015 – Elmira Sugar Kings @ LaSalle Vipers – 7 pm
- Game 3 – Sunday, April 12, 2015 – LaSalle Vipers @ Elmira Sugar Kings – 7 pm
- Game 4 – Tuesday, April 14, 2015 – Elmira Sugar Kings @ LaSalle Vipers – 7pm
- *Game 5 – Wednesday, April 15, 2015 – LaSalle Vipers @ Elmira Sugar Kings – 7:30 pm
- *Game 6 – Friday, April 17, 2015 – Elmira Sugar Kings @ LaSalle Vipers – 7 pm
- * Game 7 – Sunday, April 19, 2015 – LaSalle Vipers @ Elmira Sugar Kings – 7:30 pm
- * if necessary