(WINDSOR, ON) – The Windsor Lancers are still looking for their first win on the season as they dropped to 0-4 in OUA football losing to Ottawa 52-24 on the road.
The Lancers looked better than they had to this point, putting up 457 yards of total offence, 342 in the air. QB Liam Putt got the start for Windsor as he completed 24 of 41 passing attempts and 1 touchdown.
On the ground, Marvin Gaynor gained 6.7 yards per touch on 12 carries, his longest scamper being 22 yards. Meanwhile, Tarrence Crawford rushed for two touchdowns on 10 carries.
Gilbert Stewart picked up Windsor other touchdown in the air as he hauled in 139 yards on six receptions. The TD came with no time remaining on a 75 yard pass and run.
This Saturday the Lancers will travel to Kitchener to meet Laurier during their homecoming weekend. The Blue and Gold will next play at home on October 3 as they welcome McMaster to Alumni Stadium. The kick-off will be at 1:00 pm.
Elsewhere around Lancer Nation
- Women’s soccer 10, Algoma 0
- Women’s soccer 7, Algoma 0
- Football 24, Ottawa 52
- Women’s hockey vs Ottawa (exhibition)
- Women’s fast pitch 7, McMaster 4
- Women’s fast pitch 9, McMaster 8
- Women’s fast pitch 2, Brock 10
- Women’s fast pitch 8, Brock 4
- Men’s soccer 6, Algoma 0
- Men’s soccer 8, Algoma 0
- Men’s X-Country 7th at Spartan Invitational
- Women’s X-Country 10th at Spartan Invitational