(WATERLOO, ON) – The Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League (GOJHL) has announced the line-ups for this year’s TOP Prospects game, to be held at the Sleeman Centre, in Guelph, on December 28 at 6:00 pm.
Forty-six players, representing the twenty-six GOJHL teams will battle head-to-head in front of pro, junior, and university scouts.
The GOJHL is a premier development league with over 80 players having made commitments to OHL, NCAA, and CIS teams over the past two seasons.
Recent GOJHL grads now in the National Hockey League include Mark Scheilele, Tanner Pearson, Logan Couture, Jeff Carter, and Joe Thornton.
“The Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League has developed some of the top hockey talent in Ontario” said GOJHL Commissioner Chuck Williams “Top Prospects Game will identify the next crop of elite players in Ontario.”
The GOJHL Top Prospects Game is also used to promote a path to post-secondary education for the athletes. Many GOJHL graduates move on to attend and play in the NCAA and CIS.
Nine local players were named to the prospects line-ups.
- Tyler Wall, Leamington Flyers
- Shayne Battler, Sarnia Legionnaires
- Eli Billing, LaSalle Vipers
- Dede Cato, Chatham Maroons
- Manny Silverio, LaSalle Vipers
- Ross Krieger, Chatham Maroons
- Brenden Trottier, Lambton Shores Predators
- Liam MacDougal, LaSalle Vipers
- Kyle Auger, LaSalle Vipers