(HAMILTON, ON) – Ontario University Athletics has released the schedule for the 2018 College Football season. The nine-week regular season will see the Windsor Lancers kick off the schedule on the road at Waterloo on August 25.
The Lancers home opener will be the following week, September 3, when they host the Carleton Ravens at Alumni Field. Windsor’s bye week will take place September 22 in Week 5.
Last year’s Yates Cup and Vanier Cup champions, the Western Mustangs, will host Windsor in Week 7, on October 6. Yates Cup finalists, Laurier, will also be an away match-up for Windsor, on October 13 in Week 8.
The Lancers will close out the regular season on October 20 by welcoming the McMaster Marauders to Windsor.
Windsor will be looking to rebound from a disappointing 2017 year when the team managed just 2 points from a 1-7 record. The Lancers only win came on the final day f the season with a 43-27 home win against the York Lions. Windsor will be at York this year on September 8, in Week 3.
WINDSOR LANCERS 2018 SCHEDULE
- Week 1, August 25, WINDSOR at Waterloo
- Week 2, September 3, Carleton at WINDSOR
- Week 3, September 8, WINDSOR at York
- Week 4, September 15, Guelph at WINDSOR
- Week 5, September 22, BYE
- Week 6, September 29, Toronto at WINDSOR
- Week 7, October 6, WINDSOR at Western
- Week 8, October 13, WINDSOR at Laurier
- Week 9, October 20, McMaster at WINDSOR